Dodgy Metro Behaviour

One time I was sitting at a corner seat, one of those great seats that is off by itself, not near any other seated person. I had my headphones on and I was enthralled by whatever it was I was listening to. Then a strange person got on the metro. I kept the music on, watching this weird guy act all jittery, bouncing his legs up and down, acting hyper and paranoid.

He started harassing and/or questioning some other people on the metro, all women. Two women who were together seemed to engage and then fend him off. Another young single woman did the quick bolt move moving up the car and out the opposite end just as the doors were closing so nobody could follow.

At this point I was wondering what was up with this guy. He only barely glanced in my direction, and I gave him nothing to latch onto. One or two stops after that he bolted out the door, and one more stop after that, a security guy got on the train. Could the bad guy have given the authorities the slip? Or was it a coincidence? I feel someone must have called ahead about his guy, but then again, that would have been a pretty quick reaction.

Unless he had done something really bad to invoke that kind of response. I wonder what that bad guy did?

Now that I think of it, what other bad guys have been on the train with us, and we didn't even know it? Perhaps an evildoer stood in our midst, a serial killer, a child rapist, a bank robber, or an ousted dictator from an obscure country. Who knows who we've been next to?